Thursday, April 11, 2019

vector project

Pre Production 

To start out with this project, I had to choose a picture to vectorize. I ended up choosing a picture of my grandma's dog. I imported the picture, and took it to Adobe Photoshop. In Photoshop, I used the posterize filter to separate the differences in color clearly. This allowed me to make more specific shapes that would eventually make my portrait look better. Then I imported this updated picture into Adobe Illustrator. When I started in Illustrator, I had to make two art boards, both of which would have my picture on it. One of them would have a decreased opacity, and would be the one I trace over to create my vector. The other picture was simply used for reference, and to grab colors for my vector.

Production

The second I started the project, I jumped right in. I decided to outlined the dog and some of his bigger features such as the nose and eyes. I then started making the triangles. This was time consuming but easy and relaxing. I would do a big chunk of triangles then color them by using the eyedropper tool from the original photo. The triangles couldn't be too big but I also didn't want to go so detailed that it lost it's touch. During the making of this project, I got a lot better with the pen tool. Drawing shapes and tracing is much easier for me and I can use the tool with great accuracy. I also had to use my layers a lot, especially in coloring the triangles. You had to do a lot of searching through the hundreds of them in order to get the shape colored. For my final product, I was hoping for a playful sort of unrealistically realistic. I wanted it to look like the dog, but also be creative, out of the box, and even almost unrecognizable. I think I did a good job accomplishing my goal.

Post production

In the end, I am very pleased with my final product. I put in a lot of time and effort in order to get my project finished, and I think it was definitely worth it. If I were to continue to perfect this piece, I might have gone back and made sure my colors were precise and maybe make the triangles a little smaller. This project was very fun and relaxing for me. I liked being able to come into class and sit and make triangles which helped me clear my mind. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

second semester video

Happy Campers This project consisted of writing, casting, and filming our own short film. There was a lot of time and effort put into t...